Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Debut

I took a deep breath. Opens my eyes, hands brush on the couch by the waiting lounge. Waiting, for my turn. My name was called, stands up, took another deep breath, face the mirrors, check my tie. Then initiate my heavy foot to walk this pathway towards the open platform. I tell myself only to look straight ahead ,the way to the pedestrial. As I am taking my steps, I look up, bright spotlights almost like sunbeams, that wash away my worries and refills my courage. I look below, shadows gradients from all direction away from me, my past hasn't left me at all. When the light is shining high above, there is somehow still darkness dug deep in my heart. I glance at the audience, the lightings were dull, I could barely glimpse the first row, but I recognise the figure of those people that have showered me with rain water when I felt like I was in the wilderness alone, then the deep dark seeds below has grown above pain and agony,thus blossomed into healthy plants. Flash back \/\/\/\/\ 15 years ago when i was in secondary school, those times when I started to dream, to set and plan the course of my life, to be what I would dream to be. I met these people, right here, I'm painting a picture of them in my mind now. Moments of laughter and moments of tears. But I know, that the part about the pain, I took it much harder than anyone else. 15 years have passed on. I thank God that I am still alive, healthy and strong on the outside with humble wisdom and compassion inside. I walk up, stands on this throne, this throne in my heart, where i'm standing on now. Followed by an announcement made to all.
"Know that this moment now, there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes………. all you need is... one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment